Monday, May 12, 2008

Dial-up connections on Vista (using Nokia 2116 and Ca-42 data cable)

After struggling with my broken motherboard, I decide to buy the new one, and I got Manli mcp73v, good specification and the most important is fit to my budget... Well I get back to my activities and getting done some works. I try Windows Vista this time. I'd like to try to set-up a dial-up connection using my old N2116 and ca-42 data cable. And fortunatelly it's work!.. I got no problem installing the hardware, Vista just done well. Basiclly, modem installtion is the same way like in Windows XP, you can see my previous post about creating dial-up on Ubuntu. And this is how I set the connection.


After hardware installation successfull, you can go to Control Panel >>Network and Internet >>Network and Sharing Center then set up a connection or network. Choose set up a dial up connection and fill the information required like the number, name and password. Click connect if ready.. That's all, and this is some screenshots :






hope it will be usefull... and fell free for comment...

0 comment: