Saturday, October 24, 2009

Wish : Bring AMFPHP Back to Life!!!!


Well, this day I got an interesting article here that compare AMFPHP and Zend_AMF, and what I'm thinking after reading it, is that maybe not a good choice to abandon AMFPHP, but this only my personal opinion, I don't know if you had yours. Personally, I got a good result in using AMFPHP, better than Zend_AMF. The first thing that make AMFPHP better is that no such complex configuration to use it, just copy + paste (or upload) and done... And the service browser is kind of amazing tool. In Zend_AMF, I had a "contrary" experiences, more things to do to get it works fine. And one of the most disturbing thing for me is that I have to access php.ini to install Zend, well, in some of my case I can't just accessing that php.ini file, and until today I got no idea how to install zend without changing the php.ini, or if you know please comment.

AMFPHP, for me, as a newbie in Flex and PHP is a great tool to use. Simple to install and quite small... BTW, I appreciate what Mr. Wade Arnold had chosen, and maybe such a great thing for Zend_AMF development. But as a newbie, I have a wish, please Bring AMFPHP Back to Life!!!! or make Zend_AMF as simple as AMFPHP, thats all...

0 comment: